This past Saturday was one of the first nice days outside that we weren't either out of town or sick so Boo decided that she wanted to go outside and play. She played on the swing set for a little while, went down the slide once or twice but then settled on playing in the dirt. Last summer she got some toys for playing out side but we moved shortly there after so she really hasn't played with them. After a few minutes of playing she came to the door and politely asked if she could have some water in the bucket she was holding. After some debate between Bo and I, which went something like this:
Me: Should I let her have water?
Bo: (sarcastically) Do you mind if she gets wet?
Me: I guess not...
Bo: Well then, give her the water.
And thus is the rational thinking of parents. So I filled up the bucket. It was now to heavy to carry so I had to take it out side for her, I set it on the sidewalk and she proceeded to dump water all over. In a split second I had a handful of images flash in my mind of water in and on the boxes that are on the porch or water coming inside from her escapades outside so I chose to move the water on to the dirt. I went back inside and after a few minutes she was back at the door asking for more water. In the hour or so that she was out there I must have filled the bucket up a dozen or so times.
She eventually moved on the not needing the water anymore and just playing in the mud. This didn't last long, she does not like to have her hands dirty and she was approaching the door with hands out stretched when I ran to open the door instead of her dirtying up the door. She was now ready to get cleaned up because her hands were "sticky".
Saturday was just the day for her to make messes. I had gone shopping that morning and she stayed home with her daddy and while they were playing the living rooms got trashed as well as her room. While she was outside playing, Bo cleaned up the living room before I could take a picture of the aftermath of Hurricane Boo. I did however got a picture of her room which wasn't as bad as the living room but it was still pretty disheveled.
No comments:
Post a Comment