Monday, March 10, 2008

And The Movies Roll On

Since living in Willcox we have rented quite a few movies, and don't remember which ones we have seen. So maybe I'll remember them as people ask. My sister requested a movie review so I thought I would oblige. She asked if we had seen the movie Hairspray. We had really been interested in seeing this one and finally rented it a month or so ago. A friend of mine had asked if I had seen it previous to watching it, and she said "It's one of those movies that you either love it or hate it." So we took a chance on it, because I mean, who wouldn't watch to see John Travolta in a dress?! It also interested us because it had quite the cast; lots of really good actors/actresses. So to the rating, we give it: We really liked it, and would most likely own it. It could've had a better ending because it just kind of ends, no real resolution; I like a movie that really wraps things us, but even so it was still okay. It is definitely a musical, they sing a lot. If you like a musical, with a great cast, it's really worth seeing. But, hey it's just our opinion... We do agree that, you will either love it or hate it, so I'm interested in what people have to say.
Personally, I also liked it because I really like Amanda Bynes. Now, that you all are laughing at me, I really enjoy some of the stuff she is in. I'm totally a fan of her series What I Like About You, although it's just re-runs. She's just so goofy it makes her funny. I also appreciate that she hit star-dom and kept it together. A couple actresses out there (that we will leave nameless, but you all know them) that get famous and then go down the crapper, just really disappoint.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was much better than I expected. Travolta was very convincing too...there were even moments of the movie where I forgot it was a man. Good acting by all of the cast.

It made even more sense to me after living in Baltimore. The script used a lot of the common B-more vernacular...hon. A very good depiction of the area.

John and Laura said...

"Down the crapper"--Do you kiss yo' mama with that mouth? Thanks for the laugh. Even if I did have to explain to my 5yo why I was laughing. Great. When she has a potty mouth, I'm blaming it on her dear, old Auntie Kay. Speaking of potty mouth (I know this is totally off topic), the youth speaker in church yesterday said the word "butt head" in her talk, about how Jesus forgave even if everyone was being a butt head to him. Fun times.

Ok, about your blog. Thanks for the review. I was planning on watching it anyway, I just wondered what you thought. And I like Amanda Bynes (sp) too. And she still has plenty of time to go the way of all other teen stars, let's just hope she doesn't...

Carrie said...

Matt's sisters stole me away for a girls night when he had a meeting or something. I liked it too! Amanda Bynes is a cutie, I agree. I liked the music, dancing and era costumes. The story was really fun too. I have some favorite quotes, like when the mom was trying to "negotiate pleates", also when the dad said it took him 5(3?) years to realize the mom was flirting.