The next one that I was reminded that we had watched and had forgotten was Stardust. And I'm really surprised I did forget it because we loved it. It's kind of a movie for everyone. It has comedy, sci-fi, a love story, fighting, and a really great cast. I won't list each individually, but a few, Charlie Cox (Tristan) did very well in it, and I think it was one of his first movies. He was also very cute, so it made it easy to watch him and his cuteness. The other one I also enjoyed was Robert Di Nero, he played a very different part than you usually see him in. Anyway, the movie had a good story line, a very cute love story, and was adventurous enough to entertain my husband. Our rating: We plan on buying it, although we have it recorded on our DVR right now. As a side note, my mom thought it was a weird movie but she did like it, and my sister liked it better the second time she watched it, so it might need to be a movie you watch more than once.
And lastly, we watched Becoming Jane. This one I have mixed emotions about. I really did like the movie, although I had to watch it with subtitles to even understand what they were saying. I won't give away the end, but I didn't like the way it ended. I know it's based on her life, so it ended like it happened, but it was sad. If you like the movies that she wrote; Pride & Prejudice and such, you will probably like the movie. Anne Hathaway is a favorite of ours, we watch most of the movies she is in, so we had to see it. Our rating: It was worth watching once, but we don't think that we would own it.
You are probably thinking that we only watch chick flicks, but that's all that has been out lately. Not that I'm not a sucker for a good chick flick but Bo needs the change from them. I am fortunate to have a husband that will watch and usually enjoy a good chick flick, but he needs action movies too. We have been disappointed in the selection of movies out lately. Our other problem is that we don't ever go to the theater. We have one in Willcox but we would much rather sit at home on our new comfy couches than go to a theater. A lot of the movies we see we would rather wait to see them on video, the theater has gotten so expensive that we are choosy about the ones we go see. Hopefully we will have something other than a chick flick to rate soon!



4 comments:
Not that this matters, but Jane Austen wrote the books - not the movies.
Thanks for the heads up. I was interested in the 1st and 3rd movies you reviewed. I'll be sure to watch No Reservations first. Ü
Have you seen Hairspray? I want to know what you think of that one.
Hey! I want a movie night to try out your new couches. Don't use up all the good movies before I get there.
Clueless in NEAZ
Hey...thanks for the movie reviews. I was seriously just thinking about ten minutes ago that I should rent a good movie or two for the whole c-section recovery thing. so, perfect timing. thanks! p.s. your little girl just gets cuter and cuter, doesn't she?
Post a Comment