Here's more shots from the "Obsessed-Mother photo shoot".
Friday, March 28, 2008
Hats of the World
This stylish hat my daughter is sporting is quite the family heirloom. I'd ask you to guess what it is, but my siblings already know so it'd be an unfair question. This head piece is used to cover a spare roll of toilet paper in the bathroom. I'm not sure quite the origin of it, or rather the idea behind it but my mom has a couple that still float around the house. Boo decided she wanted to wear while playing outside at Grandma's house. I was going to entitle this blog as "My Daughter the Pimp" but Bo was completely opposed to me calling our daughter a pimp. But doesn't it look like one?! Because of the shadows I didn't really get any good ones of her smiling, but I thought this pictures turned out good, at least it's good in my artistic eye, but that's not saying much. After I finished bothering her with "Hold still, just one more...", she told me she didn't like the grass on her feet and that she needed shoes. I don't think she's my daughter... I never wore shoes as a kid!
Here's more shots from the "Obsessed-Mother photo shoot".
Here's more shots from the "Obsessed-Mother photo shoot".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I agree with Bo - Not a Pimp. But on the other hand, I say this because I have lived where "real" pimps reside (Baltimore).
Though, the colors are very reminiscent of a hippie - that being said, I've lived in 2 "Hippie" towns - one in Arizona (Prescott), and where I live now, (Montana), and that is much more fitting!
I vote yes on the "pimpiness" of that hat. :) She's a character!
Thumbs up to Bo on thumbing down the pimp.
I agree with Fred though. Get that girl a hacky sack and a bag of...oregano and she could be ditching class at NAU in no time. :)
Your family has a lot of commentors on pimps and hippies, experts on the subjects. Hmmmmmm...
History of the hat. Our friends, the Bagley's were neighbors at the time, lived down the street a block away. Joan crocheted a TP cover to reside in our blue bathroom. Laura was 3 at the time and she was creative in her use of it, putting it on her large-ish cranium. Joan was horrified that her gift was getting stretched and out of shape for its correct purpose. She made another one for us with the loud and happy colors and stressed that Laura was not to mis-use the blue one which still finds a home on the back of our toilet.
Laura disappeared one day and had walked down the block to show up at Bagley's. It was a scary surprise that she struck out on her own - which had nothing to do with the colorful hat.
Post a Comment