I was just sitting here playing Mahjongg, one of my favorite games, and talking to Boo while she was eating her lunch. We had been singing while I was making lunch and she continued to sing while she ate. She was sitting there munching on some chips (pringles, honey mustard flavor... They Rock!! She loves them. Try them, try them, you will see...) and she started to make up words to her songs. Mostly she was adding words in. A couple of the songs sounded like this:
"Twinkle Twinkle, nuh nuh star, how I wonder nuh nuh are"
"Rock a bye, nuh nuh, don't you cry, nuh nuh, we will go see Grandma, nuh nuh"
It made me laugh, and when she noticed I was laughing she really turned on the charm.
Boo: You nuh nuh!
Me: No, you're a nuh nuh!
Boo: No, you a nuh nuh!
Me: Your mom's a nuh nuh! (Family joke... and yes, I know I'm insulting myself.)
Boo: No, Boo's a nuh nuh!
Me: Ha Ha! You just called yourself a nuh nuh.
Boo: No, you a nuh nuh!
You can imagine, it went on like this over and over a couple times. Where does she come up with this stuff! I felt like we were sing the second verse to: This is the song that doesn't end, it just goes on and on my friend, somebody started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because this is the song that doesn't end....
And then there was more:
Boo: I'm on the chair, nuh nuh!
Me: Get down from there, nuh nuh!
Boo: No you nuh nuh!
Me: Your dad's a nuh nuh!
Boo: WHAT?!
So apparently, nuh nuh is the latest insult, past it around.
2 comments:
What the nuh nuh?!?
...
That's nuh nuh funny!
Both you and your kid are nuh nuh's and you are both crazy. Must be why I like you so much!
Post a Comment