Monday, March 3, 2008

...they bought furniture together, so yeah, I think it's pretty serious!

If you have been to our house lately you would know how bad we were in need of a new couch! I didn't take a before picture before Bo moved it out so here are a few pictures of our dying couch. The one of Boo and and her daddy was taken 2 months ago when the couch wasn't so... sick. But notice they are sitting in the middle, that was the spot of most support; even though it was supported it wasn't the most comfortable. You ended up with a bar straight up your rear. On the other hand, if support isn't the way you want to go, you can sit in one of the three holes. Two holes were on one side of the couch, a bar separated these holes; the third hole was the whole other side of the couch that was almost completely caved in. As you can see from the second picture, the metal pieces had broken. Now, futons are known to be very low to the ground, but ours brought a new meaning to that low-ness. If you sat on the collapsed side you might as well have been sitting on the ground because that’s how hard it was to get out of it. I'd say we were in pretty bad need of a new couch.
Saturday was spent couch hunting in Tucson. We borrowed a trailer from Jordan and took both the truck and my car to Tucson and had quite a day of searching. I had found 2 couches online that I liked. They were on the Sam's Club website, but I wasn't expecting that we would find them on location. We did need a few things from there so we went and looked at their selection. I wasn't too impressed. Lydia was our tour guide and helped us find our way around town. I did live in Tucson for a while, but not long enough to really learn my way around. Lydia wasn't impressed with the couches at Sam's either. She said they looked like "old-people" furniture. We then went to lunch and then resumed the search with full bellies. We then went to Sam Levitz Clearance center. They had a lot of stuff there and I did like a few of the couches. I must have "old-people" taste because both Bo and Lydia kept turning down my likes with the "old-people" excuse. Boo really enjoyed jumping and running to all the different couches and chairs. After Sam Levitz we tried to find a Big Lots because they sometimes have cheap furniture, but with no luck in locating one we gave up. Lydia had to be to work soon so we took her back to her house. We had parked the truck and trailer there so that we could go in search all together then once we decided on one we could go pick the truck up, go buy it and than head home. Lydia had to go to work so I dropped her off, thanked her for showing us around and then met Bo at Sam Levitz. I had pretty much made up my mind on which one I wanted, but I had a few issues about it. It's just a couch... and it's not my last couch... So this is what I decided on, and I say I because Bo didn't care, he just wanted me to choose so we could load up and go home. I was a little concerned about it being red, well actually it's call "sienna", but once we got it home I was impressed at how much I liked it. Being that it is a clearance center you are limited at what is there. This couch was right next to this chair that matched so we were lucky. I was actually hoping to get two couches, but this chair is so super comfy so I am happy with the selection. We also bought this really awesome table. I told Bo if I didn't get a sectional, which is what I was kind of looking for, that I needed to get a table to put between them. He mostly picked the table, but I liked it as well. The checkered pillows came with it, and I had the black ones; I thought they went well together.

So after a long trip home, hoping to not get pulled over because Bo's truck couldn't hook the lights up on the trailer and it was after dark for 30 miles of the trip we got home and unloaded. The chair went where our desk was so we had to move that into the kitchen/dining room. I don't mind it there; our kitchen is pretty big so it fits pretty well. Here is the final setting in the living room.
It's been so nice to not have to sit on floor anymore to watch TV.

Bo and I are fans of That 70's Show. I thought this clip was appropriate for the occasion. Skip the video ahead to 2:30 and watch until 3:20. I tried to find a way to splice the video, but alas, my computer skills are lacking...


I love it! "Do you know it he's seeing anyone?" "Yeah! My mom! And, they bought furniture together, so yeah, I think it's pretty serious." It's doesn't get any better than that!

1 comment:

John and Laura said...

So are you announcing that you and Bo are finally gonna tie the knot, ya know, since you bought furniture together?? Ü

I really, really like the "sienna" It looks great with the rug in there, too!