I've decided that I am going to merge one of our passions with my blog. We love movies. We watch them all the time, so why not blog about them. So, consider us critics, but don't take our opinion for the truth, it's just our opinion.
We have been renting a lot of movies lately; that darn writers strike! The good shows haven't been on so we had to find something to watch because without the good shows, there is nothing on TV. Last night we watch Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. We have "ratings" of movies but they aren't what you would expect them to be. The rating we gave this one was: We need to watch it again to make a definite opinion. It's one of those movies that kind of ended abruptly, so I was taken by surprise. Dustin Hoffman was amazing in it, and I enjoyed the dynamics of the movie but like I said, the ending threw me off. Up until the end, I really enjoyed it. It's very imaginative, and kids would probably really enjoy it. Our highest rating we would give a movie is if we would own the movie, and this is possible keeper but combined with the need to re-watch it the jury is still out.
The next three movies are ones we watched a couple weeks ago but I hadn't thought to write about them. There were more that we watched but these are the only ones I can remember. First, Martian Child. I read on a random blog the other day that that person hated the movie and thought it was stupid. Us, on the other had give it a rating of: It was good/okay, worth watching once but we probably wouldn't own it. I really like John Cusack as well and his sister Joan which are both in the movie. I thought it would funnier, but actually a pretty serious movie. Not what I expected, but it still okay and I'm glad I watched it.
Next, we watched the Nanny Diaries. This one gets a rating of: We might own it. It was cute and had some funny parts in it, but I wasn't completely sold on buying it. I have liked the stuff that Scarlett Johansson has done and she did good in this movie. The moral of the story was different that I thought it was going to be. We thought it was going to be one of those movies that makes you feel so sorry for the main character because they get tortured; those type of movies always make Bo uncomfortable and almost nervous. But Nanny Diaries wasn't like that, it was almost a drama with quite a few funny parts in it. It had a great ending and that's what makes me want to own it, but it's at least worth seeing if you like a good chic movie.
The last movie that we watched was Across the Universe. I actually didn't watch the whole movie, so our review is from Bo. He agreed with Zane, it had great music and he would want to buy the soundtrack but Bo thought it had no story line at all. It was like a collection of peoples experiences all rolled into one. He thought it was a good depiction of the times, but not really put together well.
So anyway, there you go. We probably have different movie tastes than you do, but we like what we like. Expect to see more, we rent movies quite a lot. But hey, it's only our opinion!




5 comments:
You didn't mention Stardust and that is one that is interesting for all sorts of reasons.
I am glad to have your review for those that I might want to watch.
Thanks.........
Yeah, after I posted that I remembered that movie and one more we recently watched. I'll get them next time, probably tomorrow, we have another movie to watch tonight.
I loved Stardust, but I had to watch it twice to say that. I was a little disappointed in Nanny Diaries, but only because I was really in need of a light-hearted chic flic and it was much too drama for me that night.
Thanks for the reviews. I like getting lots of different opinions, so I can decide what to watch.
i didnt like the Nanny diaries, it was WAY to slow in the beginning and so i never really got into it. i LOVED stardust. and jonny and i have the accross the universe soundtrack, and it is really good. it dosnt have all of the songs, and i wish it had more of the ones that i liked, but it is nice to hear that cute Irish or English or whatever accent he has, boy sing the songs. :)
You probably wouldn't be interested, but I just finished "The U.S. vs John Lennon" documentary. Pretty dang good, if a little long. Also, there was a trailer for a doc about Leonard Bernstein that looks fantastic.
Post a Comment