Thursday, March 20, 2008

Continued Conversion

I finished the second Harry Potter book this morning. It came at a really good time and I'll tell you why, I've been dreaming Harry Potter for the last two nights and I don't know if I can take much more. The first night I had a dream with a really big snake in it. Then last night I had a dream where this really annoying guy that I didn't know was telling me how all the books ended. It was really frustrating! (Although I already know how they end; the guy in my dream was dead wrong!) Another side note to my dreams is that I dream A LOT! So, it's not really that unusual to dream about weird/random stuff, but never before have I dreamt about the Harry Potter story line. I guess there's a first time for everything.

As for liking the book, I really did. Even though I've already seen the movies, I enjoyed the little detail that the book adds. I really think I am going about this the right way. I saw the movies first, and was impressed at how much I liked them and now I'm reading and enjoying all the extras that the story has. Those who read them first, were mostly disappointed in the movies; not me. One thing I have enjoyed in the two books I've read is that the beginning and end are really great. I enjoyed the expansion of the story. I can see why it wasn't included in the movie for time sake, but I have really eaten up the story that is the book.

I'm off to start the third one tonight, so I'll update when I finish. I have enjoyed the short ones, and they haven't really taken me that long considering that I only read them at night before I fall asleep. The next 5 books will take me a bit longer to get through.

Another side note here: If you know me well, or know my blog well, you are probably thinking that my life has been pretty boring the last week or so because of the lack of blogs and mountains of pictures of our little sweetie. But on the contrary, I'm actually not home. I'm up visiting my parents and will be here until Easter. I will have lots of things to post about when I get home, so be prepared!

1 comment:

John and Laura said...

I'm glad I read the books after seeing the movies, too. And by the time the last two movies come out, I'll have forgotten all the little details to ruin the movie for me. Story forgetfulness isn't always a bad thing.