Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Hair Dilemma

As you can see from this picture I have been holding off on cutting Boo's bangs for some time now. She is almost what you would consider shaggy. I have been putting it off for a couple reasons. I just haven't wanted to hold her down and try to cut them straight. And I haven't decided if I really want her to have bangs.

Bo says that I have a phobia of bangs. I had them for so long that I don't want Boo to have to suffer through years and years of bad hair styles. My sister Laura pinned it in her blog. I have never been girly, even if I would've wanted to I didn't know how to be. But, I have come a long way from this:
Bad bangs and big t-shirts. That's just to name a few; and that isn't an invitation to name anymore... I know I was an ugly duckling! So back to my complex. Bo thinks I am projecting onto my daughter a fear of bangs. So my question is, what do you think of Boo with and without bangs. Here are a few shots of her today after I pulled her hair back. She looks so different that I can't decide which one I like more. Tell me what you think!
And here she is just making a funny face. She seems to be going through the same things as her cousins.

11 comments:

John and Laura said...

I've had the same dilemma in my head a lot, too. I tried to go without bangs myself, and hated it. I pulled JuJu's bangs back one day a year or so ago and have never looked back; I just thought she looked so much better without--she has a nice hairline and cowlick (SP??). I'm still wavering on Lucille for now. I think she looks younger and cuter with bangs (and JuJu looks older without), so I'm keeping them for now.

Personally, and not to side with what you're sure to hear from mom, I think Boo looks better with bangs, but that's just me. Good luck! No matter what, she's a super-cutie!

Unknown said...

Looking back - you're bangs weren't bad - they were right for the times...but the "times" of today aren't necessarily bangs...I'm with you - no bangs. Let her create her own childhood hang-ups.... not necessarily hang-ups from our generation...

Maybe shave her head? Bleach her hair? Fire red streaks? Shave her eyebrows and paint them on?

Piercing's...thats what is missing... need something in the brow, nose, maybe lip?!? But if you shave her head, you need to tattoo the skull...that way she becomes 'biker Boo!'.

Just some ideas...

Grandma in NEAZ said...

Hey! Give her the scissors and let her make the choice!
I take exception with your sweeping generalizations of your childhood. You were a very cute kid and your bangs were era appropriate. I really liked that school picture you are disparaging. You have a nice hair line, like JuJu and did well without bangs.
I agree with La, that Boo looks very cute with bangs. There may come a time when she will want to make a change like her cute mom. Her eyes look really different without bangs. It's interesting and I have noticed it before in photos when her bangs were back off from her forehead.
As if my opinion counts in NEAZ and it does!

Anonymous said...

The late '80s were a rough period - in general. I think I had the same glasses you were wearing. Except I had a wierd fro too. It's kind of creepy when kids have hair that make them look like adults though.

Bo said...

I know I'm just the dad so that means I don't get an opinion. However, I think Boo looks good in bangs and as has it has been stated by others she can always change it later.

Fred, I appreciate your advice and your outlook on the situation. However, my daughter can't get a tatoo before I do.

Grandma in NEAZ said...

I agree with Bo about the bangs! Listen to those who matter! And especially about the tattoo, all things in the proper order

Hair-banger in NEAZ

Unknown said...

Then its agreed - hair isn't going to give her the hang-ups like that of getting a Tat with her dad.

Anonymous said...

Tatts with Dad - that could be a band. Sounds like fun.

Unknown said...

I do think that Bo is right. At this age, its a bit early for 'Tatts with Dad', but at 15...well, then Bo would be the coolest dad ever!

LuAnne said...

I think she looks so cute without bangs!

Kay said...

I really thought everyone would agree that she is cutest without bangs but with only fred and LuAnne in agreement with me I don't know that I can grow them out now.

Fred, back to your first post, the - my - bangs may have been right for the times but that doesn't make it right. It took a gay guy to convince me to grow them out... I should've gotten the hint before that. Maybe I would've been cooler or gotten more dates... Oh, the humanity!

Tatts with Dads could really be a hit. Zane are you going to be their manager? Boo sings just as much as Bo and just as weird of songs. They could be a country/rock band with a highlighting of Dora. Rock on!